3-in-1 convertible cribs are gaining popularity because of their ability to grow with your child. It is an ideal choice for parents who are searching for a long-term furniture solution. Below is our Babyletto Scoot Scrib Review, which is regarded as the best-rated convertible crib right now.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a small commission, at no cost to you. We only recommend products we genuinely love.
- Babyletto Scoot 3-in-1 Convertible Crib
- Overall Details
- Babyletto Scoot Crib Review: What features does it offer?
- Babyletto Scoot Crib Review: Pros and Cons
- How to choose the right crib?
- Why do parents love Babyletto Scoot?
- Last words,
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 54 Inches x 30.3 Inches x 35 Inches
- Material: New Zealand pine wood
- Weight: 59.7 pounds
- Features: 3-in-1 convertibility, adjustable height, mid-century modern style
- Safety and security: no chemicals, non-toxic painting, lead-free and phthalate-free finish, no visible screws or bolts
- Color: white, white/slate, white/walnut
- Suggested age: new-born to toddlers (under 50lb)
Babyletto Scoot Crib Review: What features does it offer?
Modern and Sustainable Design
Parents who love mid-century modern style will satisfy with this product. The angular feet and contrast horizontal lines create a trendy charming look. This attracted me at the first glance.
This product is such a modern and functional design. There are no needles bulky sides, or curves and arches on the back to ensure your child’s safety. All four sides of the crib can be opened, so placing it either beside the wall or in the center of the room is fine.
Sturdiness is my top priority when choosing a crib. And I guess this is also true for many other parents. With this Babyleeto Scoot, I have no complaint. It does not wobble even after conversion.
Safety comes as my second priority. The Scoot has 4 equally stationary sides, without a drop-side mechanism. So, no worry about injures or tragic deaths because of getting stuck in those gaps.
Solid and Child-safe Material
Babyletto Scoot is made of New Zealand pine wood, one of the most renewable woods that are available. The paint used for it is non-toxic, lead-free, and phthalate-free. All meet the safety standard of ASTM International and US CPSC.
This product also meets the standards of UL Company with GreenGuard Gold Certified. That is, more than 10,000 polluted indoor air chemicals and VOCs are none to be found in this product.
Convertibility is the most feature of Babyletto Scoot. There are 3 versions for you to convert, including crib, toddler bed, and daybed. There is an extraversion, the Junior bed, which makes it 4-in-1, not just a 3-in-1. Thanks to this feature, you can use it for many years to come as long as your child reaches his/her 50lb of weight.
The crib model is the one when you finish all your normal assembling.
When you remove the crib’s front rail, set the mattress to the lowest level, install the safety guardrail, you have the toddler bed. The conversion is easy to do, right? This safety guardrail is a plus point of convenience. You can buy a crib mattress growing with the Scoot, then you will not be worried about your child’s sleeping arrangement for years later.
To turn to the Day bed version, you can remove the safety guardrail. Keep in mind that the daybed is only transformed when your child will not fall out of the bed.
The final mode, the Junior bed, is an additional conversion. You have to buy a Junior bed conversion kit and a suitable mattress to convert. This costs you a bit more, but it’s good to know we have that option.
Babyletto Scoot Crib Review: Pros and Cons
This low profile crib is suitable for petite moms. There are no lower rails in its design, which inherently ensures the safety of your child. As there is no place to step on, he/she will not be able to escape the crib.
Also, compared to other bulky models, you will find it easier to reach over this Scoot crib’s rail thanks to its minimalist design.
The Scoot does not have wheels. This somehow makes it more sturdy, but, you might trouble when moving it. Also, with the dimensions of 54” L x 30.3” W x 35” H, it is not a portable choice. You might need a quiet spacious room to accommodate it. If you want a convertible crib with wheels, you might like Babyletto Maki. Babyletto Origami is also not a bad choice with a mini crib with wheels.
This product is not suitable for those who want a drawer underneath. With the use of a crib skirt, you can put a few baby things in its underneath little space. A great Babyletto’s crib with a drawer under the crib is Mercer 3-in-1.
Sometimes, you might find it hard to tighten the screws on the final crib wall because of the springboard which holds the mattress. This mistake is not notable as it does not always happen.
How to choose the right crib?
Choosing the right crib is undoubtedly an important task. If you have no idea of what or how to choose, take a look at the guidelines below.
- Crib bars should be less than 2 ⅜ inches apart. Some experts have agreed that if it is far apart, it will be dangerous.
- The mattress should be dense, firm, and not sag under your child’s weight. Be sure that it reaches every corner of the crib.
- A crib with an adjustable mattress is preferred as it benefits when your child grows.
- Choose a crib without a drop-side mechanism.
- A crib must be sturdy and won’t wobble when being shaken.
- A crib with no screws, nails, or glue that stick out. The paint shouldn’t be peeling.
- If the crib comes with wheels, make sure all wheels are locked.
Why do parents love Babyletto Scoot?
There are so many benefits that the Scoot crib provides. Its lifelong use, modern design, or convertibility are just several in a bund of reasons that parents love this product. After researching customer reviews, we believe what follows are the reasons why this product satisfies lots of parents.
- It grows with your child with 3 conversions.
- It includes a toddler safety guardrail.
- Its design is beautiful, modern, and sturdy.
- It is made of non-toxic, child-safe material.
- It has a clean look as there are no visible screws or bolts seen on the exterior.
- Short parents can use it comfortably.
- It has no wear or tears after being used for a long time.
1. Is Babyletto Scoot suitable for short moms?
Yes, of course!
This is a low-profile crib, it perfect for short moms. Besides, the minimalistic design makes it easier to place the baby than a bulky crib.
2. Which one better? Babyletto Scoot, Babyletto Hudson, or Babyletto Lolly
There is not much difference between these three cribs.
Besides, the little difference in price, and their design. That’s all!
3. Is it difficult to assemble the Scoot?
No! You don’t have to spend too much effort or time. The assembling very easy if you do step by step the provided instructions.
4. Babyletto Scoot comes with a toddler rail and the mattress, doesn’t it?
Yes and no.
The Scoot comes with a toddler bed conversion kit so you don’t have to buy one. But it doesn’t come with the mattress, you have to buy it separately.
5. Which mattress suit for Babyletto Scoot?
A standard size crib mattress perfectly fits the Scoot.
Choosing the right crib for your child is as important as choosing the right shoes for your own. With all the in-deep Babyletto Scoot Crib review above, we hope to provide some useful information for your wise selection. I do believe its durability and functional flexibility won’t disappoint you.