We, parents, want only the best for our littles. As a mother of two, I understand how confused we are when seeking things for our little angels. If your issue drops on a crib, I hope that it will ease with my Babyletto Modo Crib reviews below. This post is a summary of customers’ reviews about this product, including me, of course.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a small commission, at no cost to you. We only recommend products we genuinely love.
- Babyletto Modo 3-in-1 Convertible Crib
- Overall Details
- Babyletto Modo Reviews: A product packed with numerous features
- Babyletto Modo Crib Reviews: Pros and Cons
- How to choose a perfect Babyletto Modo Crib?
- Why do parents love Babyletto Modo?
- Last Words,
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 53.25” x 30” x 34.75”
- Material: New Zealand pine wood
- Weight: 60.0 pounds
- Features: 3-in-1 convertibility, adjustable height, modern design
- Safety and security: no chemicals, non-toxic painting, no visible screws or bolts, CPSC standards, Greenguard Gold Certified
- Color: Espresso, Espresso/White, Grey, Grey/White, White
- Maximum weight recommendation: 50 pounds
Babyletto Modo Reviews: A product packed with numerous features
Various Color Choices
If you have already searched for other cribs, you might be impressed with this feature. Indeed, while many cribs come in just 1 or 2 color selections, the Babyletto Modo crib has 5 beautiful colors for you to choose from.
So, you can freely choose the one that matches your other nursery furniture such as the changing table, the wardrobe, and so on.
Multiple Levels of Mattress Height
The mattress height of the Babyletto Modo crib can be adjusted into 4 positions, with the support system of metal frame and spring. This feature helps you easier in putting your baby in and taking him/her out. This is especially useful for short moms who might stretch their bodies to laying their babies in as gently as possible.
For a newborn baby, the mattress should be set at the highest level. When your baby grows, you can set it at a lower level. At that time, your baby can move, he or she can roll over and fall out.
The lowest level is set when your baby can stand up. Now, he or she is active and able to climb up. Your baby, then, can escape the crib safely but sometimes, will find himself a fall with unwanted injury. That’s why decreasing the mattress height along with the child’s age is important.
If you have a very tall baby, and even the lowest mattress level is still not safe, you can just put the mattress on the floor with the crib frame surrounding it. What you need to do is unscrew the metal frame from 4 corners, then put the mattress down.
The Modo is made of solid New Zealand pine wood which is amongst the most renewable woods available. The product shows no visible screws or bolts on the furniture exterior. This clean look ensures more safety for your baby as it reduces the risk of tearing his or her skin.
Along with the sustainable material, the sturdiness of this product is in its design. Its geometric solid timber design, as well as the square feet, makes it sturdy and stable, even standing in the middle of the nursery without support. You don’t need to put it leaning on the wall to increase the stability like other products.
Solid and Child-safe Material
Made of child-safe material is a significant thing to consider when buying any product for babies. This is guaranteed in the Modo crib.
This product has been tested for more than 10,000 chemicals and passes all the standards. It is Greenguard Gold certified. Using this product, your baby can sleep peacefully and healthily as it creates a clean environment and indoor air.
Moreover, this Babyletto Modo is finished with a non-toxic painting and staining process, which is lead-free and phthalate safe. It exceeds the ASTM (American Society for Testing and Materials) International and U.S. CPSC (Consumer Product Safety Commission) safety standards.
I love this feature. Yes, 3 versions come in 1 product. This Modo crib can turn into a toddler bed (with removable rails) and a daybed. You don’t need to buy an additional conversion kit as it is included in the packet. That’s very convenient.
Modo crib is made of New Zealand pine wood, a durable material, with a maximum weight of 50 pounds. This enhances the longevity of the crib when you use the daybed version for years later. How can we use the daybed or toddler bed if the crib is broken just after one or two years of use, right?
A convertible crib like this Modo might require more money to buy, but I think it is worth it. The total money to buy a separate crib, a separate toddler bed, and a sole daybed will be much higher than the price of this Modo. The problem continues when you have to think about where to store those pieces of furniture once they are no longer in use.
With this product, once your child outgrows the crib’s length, you can keep it for your future child or pass it to others. If you are a DIY lover, I believe the bars will be still good enough to make lovely DIY things, like toys for your kids, etc.
Babyletto Modo Crib Reviews: Pros and Cons
This Modo crib is made of strong yet light materials. This makes its weight light as only 60 pounds. Hence, you can move it from one place to other places without much effort.
Beyond that, the material is entirely sustainable, non-toxic, and friendly to your child. When using this crib, not only is your child guarded but also the environment is protected.
Also, there are slats on all 4 sides of the crib, which means you can see your child from any direction or angle.
This product features no visible screws or nails beside its finish with hidden hardware. This eliminates risk to your baby when he or she lies or plays on it.
When the mattress is set at higher positions, the black metal mattress support frame is noticeable. However, this issue can be solved with a bed skirt.
Also, there are holes in the sides which are visible when the toddler rail goes up. It is because the toddler rail does not cover all the screw holes which are for the regular crib wall.
The last point is not a disadvantage. Well, if you want to buy this Modo crib like a gift for someone, it is hard to be gift-wrapped because of the way it is made. Then, it reduces the aspect of a surprise when your receiver opens this gift. Indeed, if you got a present that is easily recognized inside, how can you be surprised once it is open, right?
How to choose a perfect Babyletto Modo Crib?
Picking a perfect Babyletto Modo Crib does not need to be overwhelming if you know what to check before giving your decision. Here are some considerations that you can use as advice on your purchase.
- The distance between 2 bars should be less than 2 ⅜ inches apart.
- The crib sides should be at least 26 inches higher than the lowest mattress position.
- No drop rails in the crib. That’s not safe to use.
- The headboards and footboards must be solid.
- The crib should not have corner posts that might cause snag clothing or injury.
- The mattress should be firm and fit snugly. Also, it should not sag under your child’s weight.
- There should be no space between the mattress and the crib walls.
- The crib should be stable and sturdy. You can give it a good shake to see whether it is sturdy or rickety.
- If you intend to buy a second-hand crib, a more-than-two-year one is not discouraged.
Why do parents love Babyletto Modo?
Not only me but also many other parents fell in love with the Babyletto Modo Crib. Parents who had this crib do agree that its stunning design, high quality, easy assembly, and reasonable price are what it features. After hours of reading customers’ reviews, I have rounded up here some of the main reasons explaining their love.
- The design is stunning and very on-trend bringing coziness to any nursery.
- The assembly is easy and hassle-free.
- It is a sturdy crib with good furniture.
- It is durable and allows consistent use.
- It is low to the ground, so easy to get babies in and out, and perfect for a toddler to climb in and out of the bed on his/her own.
- It is easily accessible from all sides when put in the middle of the room.
- It is coated with a non-toxic finish which is safe for babies to use.
- It is reasonably priced.
1. Which mattress do you recommend for Babyletto Modo?
Any standard size mattress should fit in the Modo crib.
We recommend you buy the Newton baby crib mattress, which has 52 “x 28” fits perfectly.
We highly discourage that you should avoid removing the crib’s legs, as the product includes legs that were tested and passed regulations.
Furthermore, the baby’s mattress will touch the floor, so you will have to scoop too low to reach your baby.
3. Does Babyletto Modo have storage space underneath it?
The Modo crib is not enough space to store boxes. But, it would fit vacuum storage bags. If you looking for a crib with storage space, Babyletto Mecer is your answer.
4. Is the Modo crib good for a tall baby?
Yes, Modo is shorter than regular cribs but it still safe for the baby.
This product has 4 adjustable mattress settings so that you can lower the mattress level for your tall baby.
5. Babyletto Modo vs Hudson Crib, which one is better?
There is no big difference between Babyletto Modo vs Hudson. Both have similar design and similar features. Babyletto Modo is cheaper than Hudson so you should choose according to your budget.
Buying things for babies is not always an easy task, especially when it comes to a crib – your first baby’s bed. I know that it often takes you hours to consider before giving the final purchase. Hopefully, when you are reading this line, my post on Babyletto Modo Crib review can drive you right away into your decision.