Everyone loves a great crib that grows with their lovely children. Not only is it a piece of nice furniture with charming looking design, but Babyletto Crib with under-crib drawer for additional storage and toddler rail is also a functional product that gets a lot of love from parents with great reviews. Learn more in our Babyletto Mercer crib reviews for a thorough tour of this wonderful product.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a small commission, at no cost to you. We only recommend products we genuinely love.
- Babyletto Mercer 3-in-1 Convertible Crib
- Overall Details
- Babyletto Mercer Crib Reviews: A Crib With Many Amazing Features
- Babyletto Mercer Crib Review: Pros and Cons
- What comes in a perfect Babyletto Mercer?
- Why do parents love Babyletto Mercer Crib?
- 1. How long can my baby use Babyletto Mercer?
- 2. Is it hard to assemble the Mercer?
- 3. Can I move Babyletto Mercer from room to room?
- 4. Does Mercer’s drawer storage slide smoothly?
- 5. Mercer doesn’t a divider between the drawer and the mattress so whether some kind of dust will store on the drawer from the mattress?
- Last Words
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 53.88” x 30” x 35”
- Material: New Zealand pine wood and composites
- Weight: 74 pounds
- Features: under-crib drawer included, toddler bed and daybed conversions, adjustable mattress positions
- Safety and security: lead and phthalate safe, non-toxic finish, GREENGUARD Gold Certified
- Color: White, Grey/White
- Suggested age: new-born to toddlers (under 50lb)
Babyletto Mercer Crib Reviews: A Crib With Many Amazing Features
Sustainable materials and non-toxic finishes
When you consider choosing baby equipment, safety must always be the top priority. If a product doesn’t have safety standards, you would not be recommended right away.
Being made of sustainable materials and non-toxic finishes, the Babyletto Mercer crib is lead and phthalate safe. It is shown right on the product as a manufacturer’s bold claim. This product is Greenguard Gold Certified, indicating that it is screened for over 360 VOCs and over 10,000 chemicals and it will not pollute your air environment.
Also, it is made from sustainable New Zealand pine wood and TSCA compliant MDF. With these kinds of material, the Mercer will last for years to come, growing with your child.
Lovely product design
As for the design, unlike other Babyletto convertible cribs, Mercer highlights its uniqueness with a drawer underneath the crib. But that is not all.
Babyletto decided to go with the slatted design with a retro vibe’s touch for the Mercer, bringing a more U.S looking crib with no round spindles (a typical European style). Your crib can be a white or gray/white combination, where the longer crib’s sides are white, and the shorter sides are gray.
Adjustable mattress positions
There are 4 positions that the mattress that can be adjusted. The highest level is set for the infant and as the baby grows, you can lower the mattress settings over time. This design makes it extremely suitable for petite moms and tall parents. And by the way, 10 minutes is all it takes to adjust the mattress.
One short notice: you may see the inside of the drawer when the mattress’s highest level is set. If this bothers you, easily cover it with a crib skirt. In this way, you can bring a whole new look to the crib. Or, you can even get a crib bedding set to complete the beauty.
The ability to be converted is the most attractive feature of the Babyletto Mercer 3-in-1 convertible crib. That’s three different beds for one price.
It can easily be turned from a crib into a toddler bed or a daybed based on its frame’s special design. That sounds like savings!
Furthermore, the conversion process is quick and easy: remove the front crib rail and replace it with a safety guard rail, you have a toddler bed. Or, put the mattress at the lowest level, then remove the toddler guardrail, and you have a daybed.
Babyletto offers a variety of different cribs, but Mercer is the only baby crib combined with under-crib storage. It provides sufficient extra spaces with approximately 4 1/2″ in-depth and may come very handy when searching for things such as fresh diapers and toys.
Babyletto Mercer Crib Review: Pros and Cons
The eco-conscious designed crib with a special frame that can be converted is a versatile product that can grow with your child. It is a very functional product that can be easily turned into a bigger bed with adjustable mattress support. Moreover, it fits all standard size mattresses.
The lack of visible screws or bolts seen on the exterior also makes the product more superior.
Pricing of the crib is on par with other products, and the toddler bed conversion is included in the price, making this even a more compelling package.
The additional drawer is a cherry on top. Adding extra spaces while keeping the elegant design is always welcome.
There is a lack of a solid divider between the drawer and the mattress. This means when you put the mattress on the highest level, everything in the drawer will be shown. However, this is only from an aesthetic perspective.
Some parents reported seeing some wear or tear after a period of use.
The installation manual can be unclear and require some levels of assembly.
What comes in a perfect Babyletto Mercer?
Selecting a perfect crib for your child is a critical step to nursery planning. If you are still not sure how to make a choice, here are some guidelines:
- The Crib bar should be less than 2 3/8 inches apart. Anything wider than that creates the risk of the baby falling his torso through and trapping his head, leading to fatal consequences.
- Corner posts should be lower than 1/16 of an inch to lessen the potential of catching the baby’s clothing or causing choking.
- A stable and firm mattress that does not sag under the child’s weight is a must. Be sure that it reaches every corner of the crib.
- A crib should have an adjustable mattress so that it can be able to lower to lessen the risk of climbing out and falling as the baby grows
- Choose a crib with Stationary sides, not a drop-side mechanism.
- A crib must be stable and well-constructed. You can test a crib for stability by shaking it and making sure it won’t wobble.
- Screws, nails, or glue should be hidden. The paint shouldn’t be peeling. If the crib is made from wood, signs of warping, splitting, or splintering should be covered.
Why do parents love Babyletto Mercer Crib?
Babyletto Mercer crib comes with so many advantages that most parents want. Lifelong use, elegant design, convertibility, and convenient drawer, to name a few, explain parents’ love for this product. After researching customer reviews, we believe some main reasons are as follows.
- It has convertible frames that can be used as your baby grows.
- It meets many standards for health and safety with non-toxic, child-safe material.
- It has an elegant, long-lasting design.
- It has a unique feature with a drawer that can be very useful.
- Its design is suitable for parents at different heights.
1. How long can my baby use Babyletto Mercer?
We recommend you should convert a crib into a toddler bed when your baby starts to climb or grows up to 35 inches high. Your baby can use a toddler bed until he/she reaches 50lbs.
2. Is it hard to assemble the Mercer?
Mercer will be easy to assemble if you follow the provided instructions. Be patient and don’t rush. You must assemble correctly the crib to keep the baby safe.
3. Can I move Babyletto Mercer from room to room?
No. The Mercer is not constructed for moving around the house so it probably wouldn’t fit through your room doors anyway. If you need a portable crib, folding, and have wheels, Babyletto Maki is the best choice. Or Babyletto Origami is a mini crib with the same function.
4. Does Mercer’s drawer storage slide smoothly?
Yes, the drawer will slide great even if you put the Mercer on the carpet or rug.
You shouldn’t worry about that. A skirt crib to put under the mattress can solve your problem.
Considering all the product’s quality features, it would be fair to say Babyletto Mercer crib is one of the most astonishing cribs to hit the market. If you are in love with Babyletto style and need additional storage space, Babyletto Mercer 3-in-1 convertible crib is a win! With all the in-depth Babyletto Mercer Crib review above, we hope you found yourself the right choice that suits your precious little angel.